We provide two choices for participants:
(Note: Those who also require a room on 26Nov and/or 2Dec are advised to book early. These two hotels do NOT provide reservations at the APLAS 2010 rate online.)
Hengshan Hotel: The symposium will be held in this hotel. A special rate of RMB 590 per night (for both SINGLE room and TWIN room, including breakfast) is applicable to attendees of APLAS 2010. The hotel is a 5-star luxurious Hotel which ideally seats on the oriental "Champs Elysees" the laudatory name of Hengshan road, adjacent to the Xujiahui green belt and the Hengshan park.
Room reservation: Please send email to Mr. LIU Xiang to make reservations. His email addresses are:
Please make reservation as early as possible. If there are any problems, you can also contact us.
Jiangong Jinjiang Hotel: It's about 150 meters from Hengshan Hotel. (See how to get HENGSHAN Hotel from JIANGONG JINJIANG Hotel.) The price is RMB 400 per night for TWIN room (including breakfast). Jiangong JinJiang Hotel is a 4-star Hotel which ideally located in the center of Xujiahui, one of the most sophisticated commercial and shopping centers of Shanghai.
APLAS 2010 will be held at
534 Hengshan Road,
Shanghai, 200030, China
Sites and Transportation
View Larger Map
A: Jiangong Jinjiang Hotel
B: Hengshan Hotel
C: The location of Airport Bus No.3 station -- Xujiahui (or Tianping Road)
How to get to your hotel?
1) By Taxi: about 50 min, normal taxi charge is about 150 RMB (Chinese Yuan) which is about 20 US$, plus 30% night charge if after 11:00 PM. Most Chinese taxi driver cannot speak English. Please print the following image and show it to the driver.
For participants to stay in Hengshan Hotel: For participants to stay in Jiangong Jinjiang Hotel: 2) By bus: Take Airport Bus No.3 to Xujiahui (or Tianping Road, see tag "C" on the map), it takes about 1 hour, and bus ticket is 18 RMB (2.5US$). From bus stop to Hengshan Hotel or Jiangong Jinjiang Hotel, it takes about 20min on foot or 5-8 min by taxi.
From Hongqiao International Airport
1) By Taxi: about 25 min, normal taxi charge 25 RMB (Chinese Yuan) which is about 3 US$, plus 30% night extra if after 11:00 PM. Most Chinese taxi driver cannot speak English. Please print the following image and show it to the driver.
For participants to stay in Hengshan Hotel: For participants to stay in Jiangong Jinjiang Hotel: 2) By bus: Take bus No.806 and get down at "Zhaojiabang Road Tianping Road" station (the bus station is near Tag C), bus ticket is 3 RMB (0.5US). From bus stop to Hengshan Hotel or Jiangong Jinjiang Hotel, it takes about 20min on foot or 5-8 min by taxi.
How to get Hengshan Hotel if you stay in Jiangong Jinjiang Hotel?
Head west on Jianguo West Road towards Wanping Road (about 90 meters), turn sharp right at Hengshan Road. Hengshan Hotel will be on the left(about 60 meters from the crossing). See the map.
International participants (except Japan, Singapore and Brunei) will need visa to enter China. Here is A Brief Guide to Chinese Visas annouced by Shanghai Foreign Affairs Office. If you need an official invitation letter from us. Please tell us(firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information (for you and each companion):
- Name as in passport
- Passport number
- Education level (student, Master's, PhD, etc.)
- Job (student, prof, etc.)
- Expected day to enter China
- Expected day to leave China (usually 10 days for a conference visa)
- Cities you plan to visit in China
- Where you will apply for visa (address of embassy)
- Airmail address and fax number (so that we can send you the letter)
Note: Visa rules often change, so please contact your local Chinese embassy for current procedures.
Invitation letters will ONLY be issued to:
- All Speakers / Presenters
- Scientific Committee Members (SC, PC, chairs, etc.) and other Distinguished Researchers recommended by the APLAS SC
- Attendees who have paid their registration fee.